Kuih recipe for Jemput-jemput Pisang. Fried Banana balls. A local tea time favorite.
Ingredients for Jemput Pisang:
- 8 oz. (259g.) flour + pinch of salt - (sifted together)
- 5 Tbs. sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3-4 Tbs. water
- 6 ripe bananas (pisang rajah)
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Add sugar, eggs and enough water to flour to make a fairly stiff batter.
- Peel bananas and mash well.
- Add mashed bananas to batter and mix thoroughly.
- Heat cooking oil. Fry tablespoonfuls of batter till golden brown.
- Drain well and serve Jemput Pisang hot.