Recipe for Onde-onde. Made from sweet potatoes, glutinous rice flour, gula melaka and grated coconut.
Ingredients for Onde-Onde:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (steamed, peeled & mashed)
- 8 oz. (250g.) glutinous rice flour
- 5 fl. oz. (150ml.) warm water
- a few drops green colouring
- 3 cakes gula melaka (crushed) + 2 Tbs. castor sugar - (mixed)
- 1 coconut (grated, white part only) + pinch of salt - (mixed)
- Mixed well mashed sweet potatoes, rice flour and food colouring. Add water gradually till a fairly stiff dough is obtained.
- Knead well. Divide dough into small equal portions. Form into balls.
- Make a well in the centre. Spoon filling ingredients in. Seal the hole and reshape the balls.
- Put a few balls at a time into boiling water. When balls float to the surface, remove and roll in coating ingredients. Serve Onde-onde at room temperature.
Printable Version - Onde-onde recipe