Kuih Talam recipe. Kuih talam (tray cake) is a kueh consisting of two layers. Ingredients made with wet rice flour, sago flour, alkaline water, coconut milk and pandan leaves.
Image Credit: Po Yean Ng
Kuih Talam Green Layer Ingredients:
- 10 oz. (315g.) wet rice flour
- 2 oz. (60g.) sago flour
- 1 tsp. alkaline water
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 10 oz. (315g.) sugar
- 10 pandan leaves (pounded; add a little water & squeeze for juice)
- 2 tsp. green colouring
- 2 cups coconut milk
- a pinch of salt
- 2 oz. (90g.) rice flour
- 3 oz. (90g.) sago flour
- To prepare green layer. Mix rice flour, sago flour and sugar with coconut milk. Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased tray and steam for about 1 hour.
- To prepare white layer. Mix all white layer ingredients. Stir well till blended.
- Pour mixture over green layer. Steam another 30 min. till layer sets.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into diamond shapes. Serve.