Recipe for Pineapple Tarts. Easy steps to make bite-size pastries topped with pineapple jam. These Malay or sometimes called "Nyonya" Pineapple Tarts are usually served during Hari Raya, Chinese New Year and Deepavali.
Pineapple Tarts Pastry Ingredients:
- 8 oz. (250g.) flour + pinch of salt - (sifted together)
- 4 oz. (125g.) butter
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 Tbs. cold water
- 1 large ripe pineapples (peeled & grated; squeeze gently)
- 6 oz. (185g.) granulated sugar
- 3 cloves
- To prepare filling. Stir all ingredients over low heat till sugar melts and mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside; discard cloves.
- To prepare pastry. Rub butter lightly with flour with fingertips till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add eggs and cold water and knead very lightly till smooth.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and roll out thinly.
- Cut with special tart-cutter and pinch frill round edges or cut with fancy cookie cutter.
- Fill each piece of pastry with some pineapple filling. Decorate top with any remaining pastry cut into strips or leaves if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes till lightly browned. See Customer Reviews and Compare Bakeware sets.
- Cool and serve or store Pineapple Tarts in airtight tins.
Recipe Submitted by Mariam (Edited)
- Pineapple Tarts recipe
- kuih tart recipe
- kueh tart recipe
- kueh tart
- Nyonya Pineapple Tarts
- nyonya kueh
- kuih raya
- resipi kuih raya