Semolina Biscuits (Kuih Suji) or Sooji Cookies - Indian cookies.
Image Credit - Zaf AIngredients for Semolina Biscuits (Kuih Suji):
- 6 oz. (185g.) ghee
- 1/4 tsp. almond essence
- 1 lb. (500g.) semolina flour + 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda - (sifted 3 times)
- 8 oz. (250g.) icing sugar
- 2 Tbs. water
- Soften ghee over low heat and pour into a bowl. Leave aside to cool. Add almond essence to it.
- Mix semolina flour mixture, sugar, water and ghee well to form a soft dough.
- Roll dough into small balls and cut each into halves.
- Place halves on greased baking trays.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 275°F for 20-25 mins.
- Remove biscuits from oven and cool on wire tray.
- Serve or store in airtight containers.