Kuih Bunga (Kuih Goyang) recipe. Serve this for Chinese New Year Holiday!
Ingredients for Kuih Bunga:
- oil for deep frying
- kuih bunga mould
- 4 oz. (125g.) flour + 4 oz. (125g.) rice flour - (sifted together)
- 1 1/2 cups water + 4 oz. (125g.) castor sugar - (mixed)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Sift again the sifted flours into the sugar liquid and stir continuously.
- Add beaten egg to the mixture. Stir and beat till well blended.
- Heat oil and put the iron mould in. Remove at once and dip into batter, covering sides of iron. Return mould to the hot oil and deep-fry batter till golden brown. The pastry should then leave the mould. Drain well.
- Keep in airtight containers till required.