Vegetable Puffs (Epok-Epok Sayur) made with prawns, jicama, carrot, french beans and garlic.
Ingredients for Vegetable Puffs:
- 120g / 4 oz. wheat flour (tepung gandum)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60g. / 2 oz. frozen margarine
- 2-3 dsp ice water
- 90g. / 3 oz. small prawns
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 yam bean / jicama (sengkuang)
- 1/2 carrot
- 4 french beans
- 2 pips garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large bowl oil for deep fat frying
To Make Filling:
- Dice prawns. Season prawns with sugar and pepper.
- Shred finely yam bean, carrot and French beans.
- Chop garlic finely.
- Heat oil, Saute garlic till golden brown.
- Add prawns. Fry for a short while.
- Add all the vegetables and salt. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp water. Allow mixture to simmer tii vegetables are soft and mixture is moist.
- Dish out and cool.
- Follow basic recipe in this section.
- Follow instructions for making Curry Puffs in this section.
- Deep fry or bake the puffs.
- Serve vegetable puffs with chilli sauce if desired. Refer to section on Sauces.