Kueh Lompang recipe made with dry rice flour, pandan leaves, alkali water, grated coconut. Great dessert for the month of Ramadan.
Ingredients for Kueh Lompang:
- 120g. / 4 oz. / 4 tbsp dry rice flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 140 ml / 1/4 pt water
- 2 screwpine leaves - knotted
- colouring as desired
- 1/4 tsp alkali water
- 2 tbsp grated white coconut mixed with 1/4 tsp salt or desiccated coconut without salt
- small Chinese wine cups / kuih lompang moulds
To Make Syrup:
- Boil water with sugar and screwpine leaves
- Stir till sugar dissolves.
- Remove screwpine leaves.
- Cool syrup.
- Follow basic recipe of Thin Batter Using Dry Rice in this section.
- If quantity is not enough, add water to make up the 560 ml / 1 pt batter.
- Place wine cups in a tray.
- Heat up in steamer.
- Add alkali water to batter.
- Add a few drops of colouring to whole quantity of batter. Or you may also divide batter into desired portions and add a different colour to each portion.
- Stir thoroughly and spoon batter into cups.
- Steam batter for 10-15 mins. till cooked.
- Remove cups from tray. Cool cakes thoroughly before removing from cups.
- Spoon grated coconut on top of cake and serve.
- Use 2 tbsp chopped palm sugar (gula melaka) and 2 tbsp sugar for syrup but leave out colouring.