Fried Mug Bean Balls made with Mug Beans (Green Beans), palm sugar, pandan leaves, coated with batter and fried till golden brown.
Image by Nasi Lema LoverIngredients for Kuih Kasturi:
Green Bean Mixture:
- 90g. / 3 oz. / 3 tbsp green beans - soak for at least 4 hours
- 420 ml / 3/4 pt water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 pandan leaves - knotted
- 2 tbsp dry rice flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4-6 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp slake lime (kapur)
- 1 large bowl oil for deep fat frying
To cook Green Beans:
- Strain beans.
- Boil beans till soft.
- Lower fire and simmer till almost dry.
- Stir to prevent beans from sticking to pan / wok.
- Add sugar, salt and pandan leaves. Stir until mixture is thick but not too dry.
- Remove pandan leaves and cool mixture.
- Make dough into balls of about 4cm. / 1 1/2" in diameter.
- Flatten balls desired.
- Sift rice flour and salt.
- Add enough water and mix evenly to get a thick batter.
- Add slake lime. Mix well.
- Coat balls / rounds of green bean mixture with batter.
- Straight away deep fry balls in heated oil till golden brown.
- Use low fire to fry. Drain and serve.