Recipe for Kuih Apam. Made with egg, castor sugar, vanilla essence, wheat flour, ice cream soda and colouring. Check out these food steamers.
Ingredients for Kuih Apam (Steamed Small Cup Sponge):
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 90g / 3 oz. castor sugar
- 90g / 3 oz. wheat flour (tepung gandum)
- 70 ml / 1/8 ice cream soda
- Line patty tin with cake cups.
- Sift flour.
- Whisk egg till fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla essence. Whisk till thick and fluffy.
- Sift in flour, half quantity at a time and fold in evenly with a metal spoon.
- Divide mixture into 3 portions.
- Add colouring and 1/3 ice cream soda to one portion of mixture. Fold in evenly.
- Fold in remaining ice cream soda into remaining 2 portions.
- Fill plain mixture into cups till 2/3 full.
- Add coloured mixture on top till nearly full.
- Steam sponge for 15 mins till cooked, risen and cracked on surface.
- Remove from steamer. Leave for two mins before cooling on rack.