Recipe for Sardine Rolls. Mini Sardine Rolls made with wheat flour, frozen margarine, sardines, red chilli, onion, pepper salt and lime juice.
Image Credit - R33nIngredients for Mini Sardine Rolls:
- 120 g. wheat flour (Tepung Gandum)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 g. frozen margarine
- 2-3 dsp ice water
- 2 sardines
- enough sardine sauce to give a moist texture
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
To Make Fillings:
- Remove bones from sardine. Mash sardines.
- Dice onion and chilli finely.
- Mix together all the ingredients and add enough sardine sauce to make a moist filling. Taste.
To Make Sardine Rolls:
- Prepare a piece of grease proof paper 5 x 7 1/2 cm / 2 x 3" rectangle.
- After rolling out pastry, use the rectangular piece of grease proof paper as a guide to cut rectangular pieces of pastry.
- Cover pieces of pastry with damp cloth.
- Place rectangular piece of grease proof paper on rolled out pastry and cut out pastry with a palette knife.
- Spoon enough filling and place along short side of pastry but do not reach too near the edges.
- Wet the other edges of the pastry. Roll the pastry over filling and press the wet edge to stick roll together.
- Place rolls on baking tray. Read Reviews and Compare Bakeware sets. Use a fork to prick lines on the rolls. Brush top surface of rolls with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven of 400°F for 10-15 mins.