Easy Fudge Frosting to spread over cupcakes or cake made with sugar, golden syrup, cocoa, milk, salt, baking powder and vanilla essence.
Ingredients for Fudge Frosting:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp (or less) cocoa
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (undiluted)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cook sugar, golden syrup, cocoa, milk and salt on a very small fire till sugar is dissolved, stirring a little now and then to prevent burning.
- When sugar is dissolved and mixture is boiling, increase heat, stirring all the time.
- When mixture begins to thicken, place a drop or two in a cup of cold water and if it forms a soft ball in your fingers, add butter, baking powder and vanilla essence, and stir well.
- Remove pan from fire. Cool until lukewarm.
- Beat until creamy and of right consistency to spread over cake.
Image Credit - rehearsedinsanity
Recipe Submitted by Mariam (Edited)