Easy Fudge recipe. Sweet and rich Fudge made with sugar, cocoa, golden syrup, milk, butter, salt, vanilla essence, baking powder, chopped walnuts or ginger.
Ingredients for Fudge:
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 dessertspoons cocoa (more if you like a darker fudge)
- 3 dessertspoons golden syrup
- 1 cup evaporated milk (undiluted)
- 2 dessertspoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts and/or 1/4 cup chopped preserved ginger
- Put in a deep pan sugar, cocoa, golden syrup, milk and salt.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon and place pan on a very small fire. Do not stir before sugar is dissolved, but with the spoon gently move sugar at the bottom of the pan once in a while to prevent burning.
- When mixture begins to boil, stir, add butter and keep on stirring.
- Increase flame a little till mixture thickens. When tiny bubbles appear on edge of spoon and the bottom of pan as you stir, test drops of fudge in a cup of cold water, and if they form soft balls in your fingers, add vanilla essence and baking powder.
- Remove pan from fire. After five mins. of cooling, beat mixture till it begins to harden.
- Add walnuts and/or pickled ginger and quickly pour on to greased square tin.
- When cool cut into squares, and desired size.
Image Credit - Hungry Housewife