Recipe for Kuih Kosui. Made with dry rice flour, palm sugar, pandan leaves and grated white coconut. Image Credit - suituapui.
Ingredients for Kuih Kosui:
- 120g. dry rice flour (tepung beras)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped palm sugar (gula melaka)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 140 ml. water
- 2 pandan leaves - knotted
- 1/2 grated white coconut mixed with 1/4 salt or desiccated coconut without salt
- Steaming tray 15cm. / 6" in diameter and 5cm. / 2" high or pyrex dish
To make Syrup:
- Boil together palm sugar, water and pandan leaves.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Remove pandan leaves. Cool syrup.
- Follow basic recipe of Thin Batter Using Rice Flour.
- If quantity of syrup is not enough, add water to make 560ml. batter.
- Heat steaming tray in the steamer.
- Add alkali water to batter and stir thoroughly.
- Without removing steaming tray from steamer, pour batter into a heated tray. Steam for 20-30 mins. using low fire.
- When batter is cooked, remove from the tray. Cool batter thoroughly before cutting into suitable sizes.
- Toss in grated coconut and serve.