Ingredients for Mini Mini Éclair:
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 of whole butter
- 1 tsp fine sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 550 ml. fresh milk
- 90g sugar
- 60g custard powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30g butter
- (A) In a medium saucepan, combine milk, water, butter and sugar, cook on a very small fire till sugar is dissolved and all mixed well with a wooden spoon.
- When mixture is boiling, add in wheat flour and keep on stirring. Remove from fire stirring the mixture until well blended.
- Add in vanilla essence, add eggs, one at a time, beating well until texture is smooth to incorporate completely after each addition.
- With a pastry bag fitted with a No. 10, or larger, tip, pipe dough onto cookie sheet in 1 1/4" strips.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 30 mins at 450°F or until golden brown, until hollow sounding when lightly tapped on the bottom. Read Reviews and Compare Bakeware sets. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the Custard Filling (B), combine 550ml. fresh milk, 90g sugar, 60g custard powder and cook over a small fire and stir well till it thickens. Add in 1 tbsp butter. Mix well. Let cool.
- Insert plain pastry tube into pastry bag and fill with custard filling.
- Cut tops off of cooled pastry shells with a sharp knife. Fill shells with custard mixture and replace tops.
- For the icing (C), melt the dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over low heat or double boil. Remove from heat, cool slightly.
- Drizzle or dip the custard filled eclairs on the chocolate icing. Refrigerate until serving.
Image Credit: fruitcakey