Recipe for Pengat Pisang Bersago (Banana Sweet Dessert) made with pisang raja, coconut milk, palm sugar, sugar and pandan leaves.
Ingredients for Pengat Pisang:
- 4 bananas - pisang raja or any suitable type
- 1/2 grated coconut to get 140 ml thick coconut milk and 420 ml thin coconut milk
- 4 tbsp pearl sago - washed and drained
- 60 g. chopped palm sugar
- 90 g. sugar to taste
- 2 pandan leaves - knotted
- a pinch of salt
- Cut bananas to a desired shape.
- Boil thin coconut milk with sugar, palm sugar and salt.
- When it boils, add pearl sago.
- Add bananas and pandan leaves. Lower fire and simmer till soft. Stir now and then.
- Add thick coconut milk.
- When it boils again, turn off fire. Taste. Remove pandan leaves.
- Serve hot or cold.
Image Credit - mdhanafi