Recipe for Harum Manis. Harum Manis kueh made with gula Melaka, eggs, sugar, wheat flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and vanilla essence. Compare features of this huge collections of major brands food steamers.
Ingredients for Harum Manis:
- 300g. gula Melaka (palm Sugar)
- 350ml. water
- 3 eggs
- 200g. granulated sugar
- 350g. wheat flour
- Sifted together - 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 50g. butter - melted
- 8-9 pisang raja (riped bananas, sliced)
- In a heavy saucepan, combine gula Melaka and water to dissolve the sugar completely. Sieve the syrup into a large heat-resistant bowl or pot.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Gently fold in flour a little at a time into the egg-sugar mixture to get a thick, sticky dough-like mixture.
- Add in vanilla essence, melted butter and palm sugar syrup. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased moulds or cups about 1/2 full. Top with the sliced pisang raja.
- Cover steamer and steam for 15-20 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. (Do not open the steamer before the time is up or the cake will collapse. This applies to all steamed cakes).
- Leave it to cool before removing from the moulds.