Talbin Cake. Baking recipe for Fruity sponge cake made with currants and cherries. Great cakes for Christmas, Hari Raya, Chinese New Year and Deepavali.
Ingredients For Talbin Cake:
- 250g margarine
- 250g castor sugar
- 4 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
- 250g flour
- 2 tbsp currants - chopped (dusted with a little flour)
- 5 glace cherries - chopped (dusted with a little flour)
- Beat margarine and sugar till creamy and light.
- Lightly beat egg yolks and mix well with creamed mixture.
- Whisk egg whites before adding to the mixture.
- Fold in flour and mix well.
- In a greased and lined cake tin, pour a layer of cake mixture and sprinkle some chopped fruits over. Repeat till mixture and chopped fruits are used up.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F till cake is cooked. Get the right Bakeware set. Test with a skewer.
- Remove from oven, cool and turn out the tin. Serve in slices.
baking recipes, easy baking recipes for beginners, dessert recipes easy, easy baking ideas, recipes for baking, baking cakes, baking ideas