Baking Ideas. Festive cookies (Chinese New Year, Hari Raya and Deepavali). Peanut Dainties - Nutty in taste and has the right sweetness that will entice you to reach for a second one and more.
Ingredients for Peanut Dainties:
- 250g peanuts (fry-fried, skinned & pounded)
- 250g icing sugar (sifted)
- 375g flour (sifted)
- 1 1/4 cups cooking oil
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 60g peanuts (dry-fried. skinned & coarsely chopped)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix pounded peanuts, icing sugar and flour together.
- Make a well in the centre and gradually pour oil into it. Mix well to get the right consistency for rolling.
- Take a little of the mixture and rill into a marble-sized ball. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place balls on greased baking trays, flatten slightly and glazed with beaten egg yolk.
- Press a piece of chopped nut in the centre of each.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven at 376F for 30 minutes till golden. Get the right Bakeware set.
- Remove from oven to cool. Serve cookies or store in airtight containers.
baking recipes, easy baking recipes for beginners, dessert recipes easy, easy baking ideas, recipes for baking, baking cakes, baking ideas
Recipe submitted by Kak Ana Low
Imade Credit - Food Trails