Easy Birthday Cake Recipe with Fudge Frosting made with butter, sugar, eggs, self-raising flour, baking powder, orange juice, orange rind and a little cochineal.
Ingredients for Birthday Cake:
- 7 oz butter
- 7 oz sugar
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz self-raising flour (or 8 oz flour sifted with 2 tsp baking powder)
- Juice of 1/2 orange (3 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla (or grated rind of 1/2 orange)
- A little cochineal
- Separate the egg yolks from egg whites. Beat egg whites till stiff froth. Put aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When light, add the beaten egg whites which have been beaten to a stiff froth, folding it in.
- Add flour, folding it in. And when mixture is smooth, add orange juice and vanilla.
- Pour half the mixture into a square or round deep cake tin which has been lined and greased.
- Add a little cochineal to the remaining mixture to make pretty pink.
- Pour mixture on to that in tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F till cake is cooked or till cake leaves sidea of pan. Get the right Bakeware set.
- Remove from oven, cool and turn out the tin, cover cake with Fudge Frosting. Check out these Ovens from different top brands at affordable prices.
baking recipes, easy baking recipes for beginners, dessert recipes easy, easy baking ideas, recipes for baking, baking cakes, baking ideas
Image Credit - milkandhoney2012