Baking recipe for Fruit Buns. Made with flour, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, margarine, castor sugar, sultanas, currants, raisins, mixed fruit peel, yeast, milk and sugar.
Ingredients for Fruit Buns:
- Sifted together in a bowl: 5 cups flour, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, pinch of clove powder
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- 1 tbsp currants
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp mixed fruit peel (chopped)
- Mixed to a smooth paste and put in a warm place to rise: 1 tbsp compressed yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
- Mixed and boiled till sugar dissolves: 60g icing sugar, 1 tbsp water
- Rub margarine into flour mixture. Add sugar, dried fruits, mixed fruit peel and risen yeast mixture.
- Mix well and knead into a soft dough with little water.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place for it to double in amount.
- Divide risen dough into 12 equal portions. Make into balls and flatten slightly.
- Place far apart on a greased baking trays (See details on these Basics 6-Piece Bakeware Set). Put aside for it to prove.
- Bake in a preheated moderately oven at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Glaze buns on a wire rack. Serve with tea.
baking recipes, easy baking recipes for beginners, dessert recipes easy, easy baking ideas, recipes for baking, baking cakes, baking ideas
Recipe submitted by Mariam
Image credit - Clodders