Baking recipe for Banana Bread. Made with flour, soft butter, icing sugar, eggs, ripe bananas, lemon juice and cinnamon.
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
- 150g soft butter
- 300g flour
- 240g icing sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 15g baking powder
- 5g salt
- 325g ripe bananas
- 30g lemon juice
- 40g chopped dried apricots (optional)
- 5g cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease a 15 x 6.5 x 5cm loaf tin.
- Combine flour, icing sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Sift into a mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, lemon juice and soft butter with a hand-held blender (Check out this Hand Held Blender which is on offer). Add eggs and egg yolks, and blend till the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until consistency is smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, apricots or any other add-ins of your choice and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into the loaf tin up to ¾ height. Bake for 10 mins at 180C. Then reduce to 160C and bake for 30 mins till golden. Get the right Bakeware set. To check if cooked, stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake. It should come out clean. Serve warm or cold.
baking recipes, easy baking recipes for beginners, dessert recipes easy, easy baking ideas, recipes for baking, baking cakes, baking ideas
Recipe credit: Chef Eran Mayer, Artisan Boulangerie Co.
Image credit - theAsianparent